How To Remove Zentom System Guard Virus / Malware
Zentom System Guard is a fake scanning tool usually downloaded to the system on accident, and without a user knowing this program will install itself and produce a number of warnings indicating a system infection. These warnings are fake and should be ignored. The warnings it produces will inform a user of various security flaws and will do scans that tell a user that they are infected with a serious Trojan virus, Zentom System Guard will then attempt to remove it and then gives a error messages saying the infection can only be removed with the purchase of their software. This is a scam and should never be purchased. If a user attempts to close out of the program it will continue to run in the background taking up system resources causing slow downs. Zentom System Guard will also change internet settings causing browser redirects as well as disables some Windows Utilities.
Manual Removal of Zentom System Guard :
First to avoid any further infections caused by internet browsing redirects users will need to go to their Internet Options; this can be done by going to the start menu followed by control panel.Once in Internet Options choose the “Connections” tab followed by “LAN Settings” uncheck the “Use a Proxy Server” Option. Once done click “Ok” to save these settings.
Next users need to disable the process from running, to do this press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open up the task manager, once opened choose “Processes” and look for .exe, click on the process and then click the “End Process” button. This will disable the program from running and will allow the files to be removed.
All malware and spyware create leaves files on your system, below is a list of files that need to be deleted to remove the infection completely:
- %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Zentom System Guard.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Zentom System Guard.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Zentom System Guard\
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Startup\Zentom System Guard.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Zentom System Guard\Uninstall.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Zentom System Guard\Zentom System Guard.lnk
- %UserProfile%\Desktop\Zentom System Guard.lnk
Zentom System Guard Registry Entries that should be removed:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Zentom System Guard
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “<random>.exe”
Having Problems removing Zentom System Guard? Our Remote Support Technicians can remove spyware for you and cleanup your computer while you watch. Contact us at Support@ExpertSupportNow.com or call us at 586-816-0015 for spyware removal and IT support.